Unilever PLC is currently looking for an experienced Logistics and Procurement manager. This position will work closely with Supply Chain to create sourcing strategies that align to the overall business needs. This position will be responsible for leading all transportation sourcing activities, contract negotiations, and year over year cost reduction initiatives. He or she will play a key role in running Unilever's streamlined business by supporting our contract manufacturing and supplier network. This role will also be responsible for maintaining the commercial relationship with current third-party manufacturers, developing new partnerships with other third-party manufacturers. Maintaining daily activities required to ensure suppliers properly fulfil to our manufacturers, building a roadmap to execute our cost savings targets, sourcing new suppliers, negotiating contract price changes, execute all commercial procurement processes and helping to resolve payment issues with suppliers. If you're looking for a great team and a challenging, innovative, fun and energetic work environment, you are at the right place. We believe that the passion of our employees is our strength and this is what drives us towards outstanding performance. We aim to provide people over the world with products that are good for them and good for others. Our vision is to develop new ways of doing business with the aim of doubling the size of our company while reducing our environmental impact. Our brands are trusted everywhere and, by listening to the people who buy them, we've grown into one of the world's most successful consumer goods companies. In fact, 160 million times a day, someone somewhere chooses a Unilever product. Interested applicants should urgently submit their recent CV/Resume and a cover letter as instructed accordingly. Only successful applicants who meet Unilever's corporate requirements will be contacted.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support the Logistics and Procurement Group with a portfolio of 90 suppliers by contributing to the procurement activities.
• Gaining in-depth understanding of Unilever’s Procurement processes and extended teams that support Procurement.
• Leadership in the sourcing and bid process, carrier selection, negotiation of rates and conditions, awards and contract management.
• Supplier relationship & performance management.
• Develop improvement projects to delivery savings, cash, cost avoidance and service level improvements.
• Leverage analytics to develop baseline analysis, and understanding of the current cost, rates and total spend.
• Professional development for direct reporting team.
• Manage contract pricing changes for current and future manufacturers/suppliers.
• Manage contract manufacturer’s compliance with the USQS program.
• Create and lead supplier synergy program between Unilever and associates.
• Lead sourcing and commercial agreement preparation for new 3PMs to support innovations – which will include assistance in creating a frozen network.
• Lead benchmarking initiatives for all critical ingredients and tolling costs.
• Build a resilient and reliable 3PM and ingredient network by working closely with other supply chain leaders.
• Build and execute the cost modelling framework for 3PMs and materials to support margin target.
• Gaining the same level of understanding of Unilever’s business model and co-creating an optimal ways-of-working.
Unilever is a leading international consumer goods manufacturer with amazing brands, dynamic people and a sustainable vision. The company sells food, personal care products, detergents and household cleaners in over 190 countries, which are used by
Salary: Not disclosed
Industry: food processing / FMCG
Functional Area: Supply chain /logistics /Purchase materials
Role Category: Projects Procurement manager
Employment Type: Full time