Develop Operational Plans
- From communications to warehousing, it is up to Country Managers to ensure that all aspects of a business operate smoothly. They ensure that a business’s in-country affiliate adheres to all country regulations and cultural guidelines. They also develop plans for company growth and improvement of sales.
Implement Brand Strategies
- Country Managers are responsible for building a company’s brand in a specific country or region. They devise advertising and promotional plans and are involved in product positioning and global brand marketing development.
Generate Progress Reports
- Country Managers continually assess company progress, sales and marketing successes and compile reports to submit to superiors in corporate headquarters. They present reports regarding budgets, sales growth or declines, new business leads and regulatory compliance.
Recruit and Train Staff
- It is typically up to Country Managers to oversee the hiring and training of staff in a particular region. Country Managers can be involved in staff selection, training development, scheduling and ongoing professional development of employees.
Country Manager Skills
- As a successful Country Manager, you would need to demonstrate strong communication, organizational and negotiation skills. You should be a motivated self-starter with the ability to work with little or no supervision and possess the ability to assemble and manage teams. Presentation, analytical and planning skills are also essential. Above-average people management, customer service and leadership skills are crucial for Country Managers. In addition to these capabilities.
Salary: Not disclosed
Industry: Education / Teaching / Training
Functional Area: Marketing
Role Category: Head / VP / GM
Employment Type: Full time