- To contribute to the formation of strategy and plans at Faculty level, through engagement with the Dean, Associate Deans and Faculty colleagues, environment scanning and assessment of opportunities and risks.
- To ensure delivery of the Department’s contribution to University and Faculty strategic plans.
- To support and develop academic leadership in the department and wider community
- Effective management of all staff in the Education and Research job family, plus other staff as delegated by the Dean, through the establishment and operation of an effective Departmental leadership team.
- Appropriate and effective management of the Departmental budgets.
- Ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental practice in the Department complies with University policy and regulations.
- Ensuring effective representation of the Department’s interests within and outside the University.
- Ensuring that the activities of the Department are undertaken in accordance with the governance, policy and regulatory frameworks .
Knowledge and skills:
Evidence / demonstrated by:
- Familiarity with the administrative and management systems of the University
- Strong interpersonal communication skills including negotiation and influencing
- Ability to manage difficult situations.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Ability to set and communicate clear vision and expectations for departmental and individual performance.
- Credible track record of high-quality academic work.
- Experience in managing budgets and academic programmes (research and / or teaching).
- Experience of effectively line-managing individual members of staff and teams
- Ability to create a collegiate atmosphere and willingness to take account of diverse views,while accepting responsibility for decisions .
- Commitment to excellence in academic endeavour keeping promises, following through on commitments, demonstrating the values expected of others.
- Commitment to nurturing talent, recognising contributions and providing opportunities for professional development.
- Contributions to programme-, department-, Faculty- or University-level committees or working groups
- Track record of successful communication through involvement in, for example, teaching teams, research networks, department committees, project boards
- Demonstrated performance in appropriate circumstances
- Demonstrated performance in appropriate circumstances Contributions to communication and engagement initiatives
- Professorial status, or exceptionally Senior Lecturer or Reader, with significant evidence of performance in leadership and management roles
- Appropriate previous role(s)
- Indicators of effectiveness in previous role(s)
- Demonstrable record of appropriate leadership in research, teaching and/or other group situations
- Demonstrated high performance standards in (two or more of) research, teaching, leadership and enterprise
- Evidence of appropriate behaviour
- Demonstrable record of appropriate leadership in research, teaching and/or other group situations, e.g. postgraduate and research staff supervision.
Salary: Not disclosed
Industry: Education / Teaching / Training
Functional Area: Others
Role Category: Others
Employment Type: Full time