- Manage and maintain all the telecommunications and data communication in good readiness condition to deploy.
- Ensure that the UPS system is operational all time.
- Ensure effective customer support in the area of telecommunications by providing supervision and training of radio operators when required, formal user training and ad-hoc technical assistance to end-users.
- Interact with other UN agencies on issues of joint interest in the area of radio telecommunications; provide technical support when there is need.
- A completed secondary education supplemented with formal training in telecommunication technology, computer science with practical experience in telecommunication systems deployment and support.
- Five yearsâ€™ practical work experience in telecommunication infrastructure installation and system configuration (Radio HF, VHF, Repeater installation and programming digital or Analog), Satellite phone and data communication deployment and configuration for end userâ€™s utilization, capacity for end user support and training is required.
- Computer literacy and ability to effectively use standard office software, tools and technologies.
- Work experience in emergencies is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
- Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
Salary: Not disclosed
Functional Area: Top management
Role Category: Others
Employment Type: Full time