- Enquire and negotiate on prices and placing orders following the company cost saving initiatives.
- Make follow up action on orders raised to ensure timely and efficiency in deliveries.
- Receipt and inspects goods received to ensure they meet standards and specification as per the Local Purchasing Order.
- Monitor development of prices and market trends and ensure regular cross check using competitive sourcing ensuring best prices and quality.
- Ensuring company policy on procurement and compliance to government regulations.
- Computing bill of quantities costing and giving costs on project and other cost incurring activities that require purchases.
- Maintain stock levels and monitor the stock movements and retain them at optimal levels.
- Daily issuance of material to user departments as per request.
- Regular spot check on stock items to ensure the actual quantities and the records tally.
- Take part in facilitating end month stock takes.
- Regulate consumption of all materials by ensuring it does not exceed budget limits.
- Monitor stored materials, ensuring depreciation, obsolescence and quality deterioration is checked.
- Follow up on user departments to ensure items issued from the stores are fully and properly used for the intended purposes.
- Ensure proper and economical use of storage facilities, well arrangement on shelves, dangerous chemicals stored in accordance to healthy safety standards and foresee neatness, cleanliness and general order.
- Ensure every item leaving the stores is recorded in issuance book / personal file.
- Ensure the Recycling and waste reduction incentives are followed through. Recyclable items should be returned to supplier where possible.
- Supplies should be arranged that transportation requires minimum or no packaging.
- Maintain soft copies and files of all documents relating to stores among them monthly invoices, records on complimentary, pending lpos, issuance books, warrants and guarantees etc.
- Forward verified invoices and job cards to accounts on monthly and or when required facilitating payments.
- Maintain employee personal records on tools/uniforms/equipment and other items given or assigned to him/her for use.
- Checks on employee clearance sheet ensuring upon leaving all items, tools, uniforms and equipment issued are returned. In case of loss, damage or otherwise recommends the person to be sur-charged.
- Foresee that stock bin cards are maintained; well labeled and accurate figures reflect actual number of items available.
- Maintain keys safe for all stores, fuel storage and vehicle fuel tanks, regulating access to only the allowed persons and ensuring goods stored in them meet proper safety standard and proper conditions for use.
- Ensure safety of all facilities in the stores and no theft, pilferage or damages.
- Represent the department in all meeting with management.
- Reporting, consultation and updating management on all activities in the procurement, their impacts, area with challenges, planning on logistics and deliberating on future forecasts.
- Help in planning and implementing decisions passed by management.
- Help management to meet targets, goals and general policy objectives
- Ensure that work environment is clean and devoid of objects which can cause harm or endanger others.
Salary: Not disclosed
Industry: Supply chain and Procurement
Functional Area: Others
Role Category: Others
Employment Type: Full time