- Organize and undertake research and analysis on various aspects of DDR work, including risk and threat assessments, target group profiles, political factors, security and other issues affecting operations.
- Identifies problems and issues to be addressed and proposes corrective actions; identifies and tracks follow-up actions; produces progress and briefing reports.
- Travel to the missions as required to provide support.
- Develop general technical guidance and directives on DDR for the missions and, in close coordination with/support of the IAWG and any entities working on DDR on the ground, contribute to the development of mission-specific guidance based on the application of general technical guidance or directives, including the Integrated DDR Standards.
- Support the development and maintenance of appropriate mechanisms and systems for tracking, monitoring and evaluation of key components of DDR-related programmes; manages data collection and follow-up; identifies issues and prepares conclusions.
- Provide input into the reports of the Secretary-General, reports and briefings to the Security Council and General Assembly, and the preparation of periodic reports on mission-specific issues.
- Prepare various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.
- Contribute to the DDR / CVR Community of Practice, briefing notes, talking points and other documents, as required.
- Contribute to UN-wide policy/guidance development, including the expansion of the Integrated DDR Standards, in close coordination with members of the Inter-Agency Working Group (IAWG) on DDR.
- As required, represent the Department of Peacekeeping Operations (DPKO) or the Section at policy meetings, training courses or other external meetings.
- Contribute to other assignments related to the Office of Rule of Law and Security Institutions, as relevant.
- Manage policy and lessons learned projects, including drafting proposals, recruiting and supervising consultants.
Salary: Not disclosed
Industry: Economics and Planning / Conservation
Functional Area: Top management
Role Category: Others
Employment Type: Full time