- Ensure all ore blocks mark-ups are checked against the ore block design plan.
- Communicate clearly with mine supervisors to make sure ore is being mined to company standards.
- Ensure that the ore design procedures are being correctly followed and all ore block data is being managed correctly.
- Know how to evaluate and report mineable blocks against the reserve model and report.
- Ensure all production reconciliations (mineable block to model, ore block planned to actual, crusher feed to plant etc.) are being carried out on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis and disseminated to all designated staff.
- The appropriate actions are being communicated to rectify any reconciliation issues.
- Ensure that data is evaluated and make recommendations on how to improve the feed grade, maximize recovery and throughput in the process plant.
- Ensure that all geological technicians are complying with their daily responsibilities .
- Ensure that modular daily material movement’s data is checked and updated before the daily report is sent by the dispatch engineer each morning.
Experience & Qualifications:
- BSc in Geology.
- Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia.
- Experience (2 years) in the Mining industry.
- Experience in large multi pit operations utilizing large scale mining equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels.
- Good computer skills with the ability to use integrated management systems, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications.
Salary: Not disclosed
Industry: Mining and Geology
Functional Area: Others
Role Category: Others
Employment Type: Full time