We are seeking for a Human Resources Manager to fill this opportunity of Sheraton Hotel’s Corporate Head office annex. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resource Manager’s primary focus will be to guide and manage the various human resource functions, which include recruitment, staffing, training and development, performance monitoring, and employee counseling. Must present a courteous, efficient and professional demeanor, even under stressful situations. The Manager, Human Resources, is an essential member of the human resources team that will provide support, guidance and assistance to operational strategies enhancing OCRs business performance and colleague experience. In this role, The Manager, Human Resources will need to quickly adapt to their surroundings through active listening and knowledge of human resources best practices. The Manager, Human Resources will assist in helping drive human resource goals, performance metrics and activities to align both business and financial objectives with best practices. Come thrive with our team and be a part of a hotel that celebrates success and empowers associates to be in control and feel special. A competitive benefits package awaits you. We provide extensive training and refreshing hotel perks, such as discounted room rates. Enjoy free parking and a delicious meal daily provided by our culinary team. At Sheratons, we seek out differences and strive for variety in every aspect of our business; so much so that Diversity & Inclusion are key components of our overall business strategy. As a global company that represents eleven distinct lifestyle brands, our goal is to bring an authentic global experience to each guest by utilizing insights and perspectives from our diverse associate, supplier and owner bases. Our success is derived from the differences that make us all unique. Whether it is our life experience, our career journey or our education, it is our value for diversity and how we leverage it that keeps us at the forefront of the hospitality industry. Thus, our continuous drive to recruit multinational employees to sustain our elite global brand. Interested applicants should forward their new CV and cover letter through Sheraton's career email or apply button displayed above.
Essential duties + Responsibilities:
• Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees;
• Conducts new-employee orientations;
• Monitors career-pathing program and writes, places advertisements.
• Consult with managers and supervisors on absenteeism, turnover and workforce data and take actions where necessary
• Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions and helping resolve work-related problems
• Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all corporate personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures
• Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems
• Perform difficult staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing, refereeing disputes, terminating employees, and administering disciplinary procedures
• Identify staff vacancies and recruit, interview, and select applicants
• Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
• Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
• Maintain human resource information system records and compile reports from the database. As well as updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions
• Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing federal and state requirements applicable to human resource, safety and payroll matters;
Salary: Not disclosed
Industry: Hotels / Restaurants / Airlines / Travels
Functional Area: Human resources
Role Category: HR executive
Employment Type: Full time