- To support the HSSE and General Services Manager in delivering the HSE Vision and Objectives for the Chad operations.
- To lead, coach, mentor and develop the Chad Field and Office based HSE team, and to support the nationalization agenda.
- Provide HSE oversight to Drilling, Construction and Production activities across the field operations.
- Develop and coordinate the annual HSE plan delivery, and ensure that the plan activities are implemented at field level.
- To manage the Client HSE Management System and ensure policies, procedures and work instructions are maintained and communicated to relevant personnel, and are consistent with the requirements of company Policies and the Safe Oil Life Saving Behaviours and Fatal Hazard Protocols.
- Champion and Evaluate SafeOil conformance and ensure continuous improvement and closure of gaps between current practice and SafeOil requirements
- Develop and maintain the Chad HSE risk register and ensure that risks are managed in accordance with the Client Corporate Risk Management Framework.
- To manage the Corporate Catastrophic Hazards Process and Critical Controls Management for the Chad operations.
- Essential Abilities
- Experience of operating in a field based processing/production operations environment, with good understanding of process safety hazards and the safety critical controls required to manage process safety hazards.
- Excellent understanding of HSE Management Systems and their application in an oil and gas environment.
- Proven track record of delivering exceptional HSE performance.
- Demonstrable and visible HSE Leadership skills and experience of managing field based / operational HSE teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work and coach across all levels of the organisation and diverse cultures Ability to understand and analyse complex information and report / present in simply and accurately.
- Experience in Behavioural Based Safety Systems.
- Strong verbal communication and written skills.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Potential candidates interested in the HSE Advisor position must meet the following requirements:
- Fluent in written and spoken English. French desirable.
- Relevant work experience in Drilling and Completions and Production Operations.
- Previous Experience working in Africa (preferable)
- University Technical degree preferred, Minimum NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent.
Salary: Not disclosed
Industry: Facility management
Functional Area: Top management
Role Category: Others
Employment Type: Full time