- Implementation of management /credit committees and Board directives on Credit Risk Management.
- Ensure that interviews on new and renewing credit customers are done professionally and appropriate analysis forms are completed.
- Be responsible for all Credit Products including Loans, Overdraft, Bank Guarantees, Letter of Credit etc.
- Making sure that the loans documentation are prepared and maintained in line with the internal and external rules/ regulations
- Ensure safe keeping of all papers related to the Collateral Securities pertaining to various credit facilities and safe keeping of Customer's Loan Files
- Monitor the performance and execute regular controls of existing loan exposures.
- Execute follow ups and workouts in case of defaults or foreseeable risks.
- Review, develop, pilot-test and roll out new credit products and services at regular interval.
- Analyse the Bank's Loan Portfolio to recognize principle performance trends and to advise management on necessary corrective actions.
- Review of Credit Manual! Policy regularly but at least once a year; further to establish guidelines and procedures to enhance performance of the credit department and ensure that they are observed by every member
- Assure in time accurate and complete Credit reports including B.O.T. returns.
- Ensure that Regulator [BOT] Regulations, Guidelines and Circulars pertaining credit management are adhered to at all the time
- Any other duties and responsibility that may be assigned by the Managing Director, Credit
- Committee and the Board.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATION:
- Master's degree in business related field.
- Possessing additional qualifications like CPA or any other professional certification/qualification will be an added advantage.
- Experience of 5 to 7 years in the Banking Industry at the level of Credit Manager or Credit Supervisor.
- Conversant with IFRS Financial reporting Standards.
- Vast understanding of credit reporting agencies as operational in Tanzania.
Strong computer skills:
- Current working with Bankers Realm as a core banking system will be an added advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills both Swahili and English
- Strong problem solving and customer care to maintain strong relationship with customers.
- Ability to negotiate effectively.
- Integrity of the highest order.
- Ability to team work and leading the team.
- Analytical skills; high attention to detail and focusses on fact-based decision making.
Salary: Not disclosed
Industry: Banking / Financial services / Broking
Functional Area: Marketing
Role Category: Others
Employment Type: Full time