Sheraton Hotels Group is seeking a General Cashier or Assistant Accountant to join our multinational team. The General Cashier performs day to day accounting activities, reporting and issue resolution between operations and the shared service operations. The position is responsible for reviewing and analyzing financial reports and transactions as appropriate. This position ensures that operations are in compliance with all internal control procedures. Additional responsibilities include preparing reports, cashier activities, taking inventories, receiving & accounting as defined in the procedures. Come thrive with our team and be a part of a hotel that celebrates success and empowers associates to be in control and feel special. A competitive benefits package awaits you. We provide extensive training and refreshing hotel perks, such as discounted room rates. Enjoy free parking and a delicious meal daily provided by our culinary team. At Sheratons, we seek out differences and strive for variety in every aspect of our business; so much so that Diversity & Inclusion are key components of our overall business strategy. As a global company that represents eleven distinct lifestyle brands, our goal is to bring an authentic global experience to each guest by utilizing insights and perspectives from our diverse associate, supplier and owner bases. Our success is derived from the differences that make us all unique. Whether it is our life experience, our career journey or our education, it is our value for diversity and how we leverage it that keeps us at the forefront of the hospitality industry. Thus, our continuous drive to recruit multinational employees to sustain our elite global brand. Interested applicants should forward their new CV and cover letter through Sheraton's career email or apply button displayed above.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Corporate accommodations are provided to enable individuals perform the essential functions.
• Perform ad hoc accounting activities in support of operations and Financial Director.
• Banking and auditing the cash boxes (front desk, bar, restaurants, etc.), daily deposit to bank, and petty cash.
• Organize and distribute paychecks as directed.
• Attend pre-con meetings and client billing review.
• Performs storeroom/receiving activities as appropriate according to accepted procedures, verifies receipt of materials and supplies as specified on purchase order documents; places materials received into appropriate storage.
• Transmits copies of checks and daily check log to shared services for proper posting.
• Brings cash and checks to local bank for daily deposit.
• Assists in the preparation and distribution of reports generated by the department.
• Establishes and maintains files and distribute information, mail to shared services.
• Obtains data and information necessary to assist in responding to inquiries.
• Assist in the completion of special projects as assigned by the Finance Director.
• Answers incoming phone calls, directs calls to appropriate department as necessary.
• Assists in the completion of computerized receiving reports and transmission of receiving documentation to appropriate parties.
• Assists in the performance of monthly quarterly and annual inventories as appropriate.
• Regular attendance in conformance with standards.
• May be required to work varying schedules to reflect business needs of the hotel.
• Required to attend all training sessions and meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
Salary: Not disclosed
Industry: Hotels / Restaurants / Airlines / Travels
Functional Area: Account and Finance
Role Category: Finance and Account Officer
Employment Type: Full time